cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Wizard UI Validator

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Wizard UI Validator

Does anyone know the right site.xconf property syntax to register a UI Validator with the Affected/Resulting items step in the New Change Task wizard step? I keep getting errors when running xconfmanager -p with the following xml.

<service context="default" name="com.ptc.core.ui.validation.UIComponentValidator">
<option cardinality="duplicate" order="0" overridable="true"&lt;br"/> requestor="wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2"
selector="affectedAndResultingItemsStep"
serviceClass="com.steelcase.enterprise.change2.validators.ChangeMgmtCreateWizardsValidator" />
</service>

*** ERRORS ************************************************************************
These issues must be corrected before target files can be generated.

The following properties have not been mapped to a target file.
- wt.services/svc/default/com.ptc.core.ui.validation.UIComponentValidator/affectedAndResultingItemsStep/wt.change2.WTChangeActivity2/0
Specified at:
file:/D:/ptc/Windchill_10.1/Windchill/site.xconf, line 209
Mapped to:
3 REPLIES 3

Bryan,
That was it! This kills me because of the following documentation inside of service.properties.xconf:

Services are specified using a <service> element which requires the name attribute (which corresponds to the
fourth field of the property name) and can optionally specify"
- a context attribute corresponding to the third field of the property name (defaults to "default" if not specified)
- a serviceProvider attribute (defaults to wt)
- a targetFile attribute (defaults to the targetFile specified on the root element of this XML file)

So I guess since I was adding this property to site.xconf there was no default targetFile in the root element... oops

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image002.jpg@01CE8C73.98A4ADE0]

Well...that was almost "it". The addition of the targetFile attribute allowed xconfmanager to complete without error however my validator is still not registered. I know this because I ran the "java com.ptc.core.ui.validation.UIComponentValidatorFactory affectedAndResultingItemsStep" command which told me that no validators were registered with the affectedAndResultingItemsStep. What else am I missing?

Here is what I used:
<property name="wt.services/svc/default/com.ptc.core.ui.validation.UIComponentValidator/renameDocumentWizard/null/0"&lt;br"/> overridable="true"
targetFile="codebase/com/ptc/windchill/enterprise/enterprise.service.properties"
value="customization.sap.SAPMMNameValidator/duplicate"/>
where renameDocumentWizard was the action.

This is with 9.1
Top Tags