cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Workflow Activities Associated to a Process

jlittle
6-Contributor

Workflow Activities Associated to a Process

I have a doc type that when created, it launches a Workflow for that object. I am generating a custom report page to show the details of this Document as well as the process. I have been able to get the associated process and list the Creator, Context, Workflow Name, etc.....however, I can't figure out how to list the activities that show up under the Routing/Process Status and the information for these tasks. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Haven't figured out how to get this info from the process information I already have.

Thanks,

James

6 REPLIES 6
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:jlittle)

* Your document is the "PBO" (Primary Business Object)

* The PBO is related to a Lifecycle instance

* The LC Instance starts a Workflow instance (in a report you can directly relate the Workflow instance to the PBO though)

* The workflow instance creates an Assigned Activity for each workflow template Activity

* Each Assigned Activity generates one or more Work Items - depending on how many people are resolved to be in the Role

Attempt to add Work Items to your existing Report. Note that by default Work Items are temporary and are deleted (via queue) when they get to a certain number for each user.

jlittle
6-Contributor
(To:jlittle)

I should have mentioned this is being done through JSP and not Query Builder. So to get a list of the Activities, I can go down the path of LC instance, to WF Instance, to Assigned Activity? I have attached an image of the Routing/Process Status to show the activities listed.

In Reply to Mike Lockwood:

* Your document is the "PBO" (Primary Business Object)

* The PBO is related to a Lifecycle instance

* The LC Instance starts a Workflow instance (in a report you can directly relate the Workflow instance to the PBO though)

* The workflow instance creates an Assigned Activity for each workflow template Activity

* Each Assigned Activity generates one or more Work Items - depending on how many people are resolved to be in the Role

Attempt to add Work Items to your existing Report. Note that by default Work Items are temporary and are deleted (via queue) when they get to a certain number for each user.

Hi all,

Posting to both lists and sorry about the long intro.

We're (still) on Wildfire 2 and Intralink 3.3
The original plan was to move to Wildfire 5 (or Creo 1) and Windchill.
We have numerous sites globally, some using ProE, some Solidworks, some Intralink or PDMWorks, and some with no data manager. Basically a pretty disjointed CAD environment.
Management has decided that we're going to use Agile EC (which will also replace Intralink, instead of Windchill).
Although Agile EC is slated to Go Live at one of our sites early next year, it may be a long while before a global implementation happens. Meanwhile we're still on WF2.

To at least move forward, we're thinking of getting the (2) sites using WF2 and Intralink 3.3 upgraded to WF4 and Intralink 3.4 until the EC implementation is complete.
The problem is that our IT dept has been virtually gutted, especially CAD support, including our admin.
I am not an IT guru but am the closest thing to a ProE admin (which isn't saying much).

Can anyone offer any advice or point me to decent documentation on moving from WF2 to WF4, and 3.3 to 3.4?
I imagine it's not horribly difficult, and I may be able to get some IT help, but need to know what I'm up against.

Thanks for any input,

Stefan

What would be the best way to do a workflow process in Windchill for the following situation? We have a paper process that we use to fill out some attributes and get signatures. I want to convert that to Windchill. Since I can use all attributes, I do not need an actual document. Would it be better to make a document soft type and leave it without an attachment or have a CN with no affected/resulting items? Or is there some other object that I can use? I am leaning towards the document but would like to have a soft type for processes, just don't know where to put it.

We are on WC 10.1.

I know that there is the promotion vs. change notice discussion but believe that this is different enough.

Thanks,

Brian Toussaint
CAD Administrator

Hoshizaki America, Inc.
"A Superior Degree Of Reliability"
618 Hwy. 74 S., Peachtree City, GA 30269
Phone: (770) 487-2331 ext. 1216
Fax: (770) 487-3359
www.hoshizaki.com

I was in a similar situation once (digitizing paper process in Windchill). One of the business requirement was to be able to download information to local computer (mostly by managers). So soft type of WTDocument was an easy choice.

you can use below API to get all Process related to object

you can use below API to get the Activities related to Process.

//
ObjectIdentifier oid = ObjectIdentifier.newObjectIdentifier("wt.workflow.engine.WfProcess:60318");

wt.fc.collections.WTCollection auditCol = wt.workflow.engine.WfEngineHelper.service.getVotingEvents(seed, null, null, null);

java.util.Iterator auditEvents = auditCol.persistableIterator();

wt.workflow.engine.WfVotingEventAudit audit = (wt.workflow.engine.WfVotingEventAudit) auditEvents

if (audit!=null){

System.out.println("\tUser Role ===>" + audit.getRole());

System.out.println("\tComplete Time ===>"

}else{

}

Shreyas

Top Tags