cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Workflow Activity boolean Variable Required does nto work

vmcdaniel
2-Guest

Workflow Activity boolean Variable Required does nto work

Workflow guys,
Anyone ever have trouble with the 'Required' attribute of the variable not working?

I make a variable Boolean, false, and required.
It shows up as an empty checkbox and with the required '*', but allows the Task to Complete with it unchecked.
I'm assuming it is because in reality, the variable is set to false, so it is not null, therefore the requirement is met.

Thanks for your input.
-Vaughn
4 REPLIES 4
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:vmcdaniel)

On 08/22/13 15:24, Vaughn McDaniel wrote:
>
> Workflow guys,
>
> Anyone ever have trouble with the 'Required' attribute of the variable not working?
>
> I make a variable Boolean, false, and required.
>
> It shows up as an empty checkbox and with the required '*', but allows the Task to Complete with it unchecked.
>
> I'm assuming it is because in reality, the variable is set to false, so it is not null, therefore the requirement is met.
>

Makes sense. That is what a checkbox is for. If the user has to select it then that means the value should always be true and the checkbox is not needed.

Checked (a valid choice) means selected
Unchecked (also a valid choice) means not selected

> Thanks for your input.
>
> -Vaughn
>
>
> _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>
> THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN
>
> INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. IF YOU HAVE
>
> RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY DELETE IT FROM YOUR SYSTEM AND NOTIFY THE SENDER BY
>
> RETURN E-MAIL.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ----------

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
   Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps I need to clarify.

My issue is the users can COMPLETE TASK, without Checking the box, therefore, it is not 'really' required

Only way we know is to add some "validation code" on the Complete transition.

Is the variable declared on the activity or in the process? I would use an object so Boolean at process level undefined and copy to/from but make it required at the activity. Just to see how that affects the behavior.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone
Top Tags