cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Workflow Notification Robot Email Attachments Enhancement

kcostello
1-Newbie

Workflow Notification Robot Email Attachments Enhancement

Enhancement Request - I would like to send a Windchill document to someone merely for review and approval (i.e. Directors, VP's, etc...) without them having to log in to Windchill for a myriad of reasons.

The solution PTC has designed to send the Primary Business Object (PBO) as an email attachment from a workflow task is completely unusable because attaching the PBO to an email will only occur if the "recipient(s)" are non-Windchill users AND these non-Windchill user email addresses are hard-coded into the workflow task:

6-13-2014+2-44-30+PM.png

How would this work in the real world?  How would you change the recipient distribution? If you provide me the ability to send the PBO as an attachment in my workflow notification robot:

6-13-2014+2-40-58+PM.png

..then don't turn around and make it unusable by requiring hard-coded email addresses in the workflow robot!  Send the PBO as an attachment (if this option is selected in the Attachments tab) to the Role indicated in the Recipients list:

6-13-2014+2-40-51+PM.png

If I have this wrong, please share with the group how your current solution was intended to work.

1 REPLY 1
g_prajeesh
4-Participant
(To:kcostello)

Hi Kevin,

Even we came across this requirement where in we need to send the primary attachment to external people. The recepients are dynamic and is determined by CCB at workflow approval task. We customizsed the solution and it will send the attachment in mail. PTC should have given option to add email as a variable so that it can be added as process variable

Regards

Prajeesh Kumar

Top Tags