cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Workflow Process question

dthornton
5-Regular Member

Workflow Process question

Hello all,

I'm having a workflow issue and hope someone can help. We have a process whose workflow requires approvals. Each approvers is given 2 options (votes), Complete or Rework. If all approvers vote "Complete", the workflow moves along to the next activity (coordinator approve and release), as expected. However, if any one approvers votes "Rework", the process assigns a Rework task (expected) but also moves forward to the next activity. This causes an issue for the person assigned the Rework task as they can't update or edit the object because it is undergoing a review process. (See attachment for error message) This also means you can't change the state even from an admin account either for the same reason. Any ideas as to what is happening?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and / or ideas.

David

6 REPLIES 6

Hello,

Can you provide a screenshot of the workflow ?

dthornton
5-Regular Member
(To:olivierfresse)

Hi Olivier,

I think Kaushik's answer below got me going in the right direction. I appreciate your reply. If you would still like to see the workflow, I'l screenshot and attach it.

Best,

David

KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:dthornton)

Hi David,

I am guessing that you are using 'All' to ensure that every approver provides a vote before you can move forward.

So, if one of them cast vote as 'Rework' system is triggering 'Rework' task and if another approver select 'Approve' the system is triggering the next task for 'Approver'. The system is behaving as expected.

Use the tally expression so that workflow always goes to 'Rework' if any one of the approvers selects 'Rework'.

This is a classic example of using tally.

<WC_URL>/Windchill-WHC/index.jspx?id=WFTranSampleCompleteTask&action=show

PTC Support is down for maintenance activity. So, unable to post a link.

If you are in Windchill 11, then go to help center and search for a page named 'Complete Task Transition'. There's a good example.

Regards,

Kaushik

dthornton
5-Regular Member
(To:KD)

Hey Kaushik,

I'm currently running 10.2 but I took some of the info you referenced and was able to get it working. We actually ended up creating a new LC sate and using some of the coding and it seems to be working.

Thank you for the help!

Best,

David

KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:dthornton)

You are welcome, David.

Happy to help.

Since you are using windchill 10.2 environment, there's another way to counter the problem as mentioned in following document.

Reject on 1st Reject Vote.pptx

Regards,

Kaushik

Hi All,

Well Answer to this for WC 11 is 'Complete Task Transition' which Kaushik as described above.

But for 10.2 or earlier you need to use Sync robot and terminate the open activities in Workflow to achieve this. you can refer Articles:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS135465&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=Terminate%20on%20voting&ProductF…

Thanks,

Rahul

Top Tags