cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Workflow Task Differences Between 9.1 and 10.2

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

Workflow Task Differences Between 9.1 and 10.2

Why is the Process Name added to the task name? This causes unnecessary clutter. It seems like this should be a preference to turn on or off, but when I opened a PTC case about it, they gave me a custom java file to put into /codebase/... and compile it as a work-around. The case has currently been passed up the chain a little bit, and also sent to the Customization team of PTC Support.

Is it seriously a customization to remove this back out? If this was introduced, it should've been introduced with the option to turn it off. I don't understand why some people might want to see it.

1.png

2.png

3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here is some additional information about this behaviour.

Existing display Identification for WorkItem (WorkItemDisplayIdentificationDelegate) is being customized by implementing DisplayIdentificationDelegate interface which display process name + activity name as Display Identifier. And this is configured in service.properties.xconf file.

You can follow below steps for correcting display name on WorkItem page.

1. You can write you own delegate class which implementing DisplayIdentificationDelegate interface

2. Register your own custom class in service.properties.xconf file

<Option cardinality="duplicate" order="1" requestor="wt.workflow.work.WorkItem" serviceClass="ext.CustomWorkItemDisplayIdentificationDelegate"/>

Note- I replaced above existing serviceClass highlighted entry with my custom delegate class

3. You will have to modify above highlighted entry in service.properties.xconf file with the customized class which you wrote in step #1.

4. Propagate changes from service.properties.xconf file using below command. Execute this command from Windchill Shell.

xconfmanager -p

5. Stop Windchill Method Server

6. Clear Tomcat and Info*Engine cache

7. Restart Windchill Method Server

8. Observe display Identification for WorkItem

Task+Name.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Here is some additional information about this behaviour.

Existing display Identification for WorkItem (WorkItemDisplayIdentificationDelegate) is being customized by implementing DisplayIdentificationDelegate interface which display process name + activity name as Display Identifier. And this is configured in service.properties.xconf file.

You can follow below steps for correcting display name on WorkItem page.

1. You can write you own delegate class which implementing DisplayIdentificationDelegate interface

2. Register your own custom class in service.properties.xconf file

<Option cardinality="duplicate" order="1" requestor="wt.workflow.work.WorkItem" serviceClass="ext.CustomWorkItemDisplayIdentificationDelegate"/>

Note- I replaced above existing serviceClass highlighted entry with my custom delegate class

3. You will have to modify above highlighted entry in service.properties.xconf file with the customized class which you wrote in step #1.

4. Propagate changes from service.properties.xconf file using below command. Execute this command from Windchill Shell.

xconfmanager -p

5. Stop Windchill Method Server

6. Clear Tomcat and Info*Engine cache

7. Restart Windchill Method Server

8. Observe display Identification for WorkItem

Task+Name.png

Top Tags