cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Workflow logic

vmcdaniel
2-Guest

Workflow logic

Hi Workflow Gurus,

I'm going to be making a workflow that, based on the value of an attribute in the wtPart, determines the correct route in the workflow. Ex. When wtPart type is Buy, the setup workflow then should include a activity for a buyer to do his thing, v.s. a manufactured part, where the buyer does not need to be in the setup workflow.

Can someone send please send me information on how to complete this. I think it is just some simple code in one of the workflow functions.

Thanks,
Vaughn.
1 REPLY 1

We do this all the time (mostly based on the value of attributes on change objects, not product data though).

These things are required:

- Create a workflow variable

- In the workflow, map the value of the workflow variable to the value of the WTPart's Attribute (the PBO of the workflow process)

- In the workflow, branch the workflow based on the workflow variable (in a conditional)

Look first at code samples for branching based on workflow variables.
Look second at ways to map PBO attributes to workflow variables (in 10.x, there is a GUI for this).
Top Tags