cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Workflow not started Error: You do not have acces to this object or it does not exist

kregimbald
9-Granite

Workflow not started Error: You do not have acces to this object or it does not exist

As far as I know there have not been any changes but for some reason we are unable to start workflows. We can set the state to "start workflow" but the actual workflow does not run. Also, the objects do exist and I do have access to the folders where the objects reside. We are using Windchill 10.1 and the issue is on our DEV server. How would I go about fixing the above issue? I'm not quite sure where to start.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The DEV server was scheduled for a re-start one evening and as a result once the server was up and running again, the issue with the workflows was resolved. I have been able to start the workflows without the error.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

From Site, Utilities,Queue Manager, look at these queues:

- WfPropagationQueue

- WfScheduleQueue

- WfUserWorkQueue

Are they all enabled? started? Have entries?

The above queues are empty except for WFPropagationQueue which has all the "not started" workflow items. The items are at the "ready" status. The above queues are all started and enabled. I did try to "reset" the items in the queue.

Ok - Need to determine if it's the system in general or that wf template.

1. Create a new very simple WF template (e.g one Activity, to Creator) and Initiate from the WF admin UI. Does that execute ok?

2. If the test wf process works, initiate the problem wf template the same way, not associated to any object.

3. If that initiates ok, iniitiate again from the wf admin UI, associated with a new Change Request or whatever it is normally used with.

Curious what you find.

I'll do some testing and let you know. FYI, I'm not even able to choose an actual workflow template. I get the error at "Initiate workflow".

Check wt.properties file, something may be wrong/missing in Method server/Background Method Server and queue execution configuration.

You can compare the values of below properties from production server ( most likely wt.queue.executeQueues property is set to false during rehosting )

1. wt.manager.cmd.BackgroundMethodServer

2. wt.queue.executeQueues

The DEV server was scheduled for a re-start one evening and as a result once the server was up and running again, the issue with the workflows was resolved. I have been able to start the workflows without the error.

Top Tags