cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Working on multiple session parallelly

swayam
7-Bedrock

Working on multiple session parallelly

Version: Windchill Below 11.0

Use Case: I have a .net tool to check interference of models in CREO v 4.0 app using VB API. As of now we are able to work on single session but I want to work on multiple session.

Description:

I am able to open multiple session and getting the different session ID for both but when i am loading the assembly file for both session parallelly, Creo is getting  hanged or crashed and after sometime getting ToolKit error.

Can anyone suggest parallelism  supports VB API or not? if supports how to achieve this kind of scenario.

I am trying to work on multiple Creo session using single license.

6 REPLIES 6
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:swayam)

Hi @swayam 

Do you define a separated creo cache? 

I haven't seen any issue if users works in parallel sessions. 

PetrH 

Thanks for your quick response.

No, can you guide me. How to define a separated creo cache.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @swayam 

Use The Knowledge Base search

CS62457 - How to use separate cache directories for Creo

Article describes how to do so

PetrH 

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

I have separated creo cache and tried but facing same issues.

Here i am explaining few more steps what trying to achive.

1. Opening 2 session from my tool using VB API.

2. Loading 2 assembly files parallelly to both sessions.  here i am facing the challenges, when loading .asm files to both session creo throwing ToolKit error.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @swayam 

Have you tried it manually? Does it work?

Your code VB ap could be the issue, or the VB api can have a limitation that can not handle two sessions. Who knows. 

PetrH

Hello @swayam

It looks like you have some responses from a community member. If it helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. If you found a solution yourselves, please document it in your topic and mark it as accepted solution. It will surely help other users who may have a similar question.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags