cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Workspace Tool menu is missing

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Workspace Tool menu is missing

I have one user who just restarted Creo and after logging into Windchill, opens the workspace but there is no Tools menu for him to sync the filename that was renamed in commonspace. He had it this morning, but it just disappeared and the restart of Creo did not bring it back. I had him remove the file from his workspace and then open the assembly so the system would bring in the file from commonspace with the right name.

We are on Windchill 12.0.2.12 and Creo 9.0.7.0. We only switched to Creo 9.0.7.0 last week and this is the first someone has mentioned this happening.

Has anyone else seen this odd behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

We found the reason - The user was trying to do the Tools-Sync in an inactive workspace. Once he activated the workspace, he had the Tools menu.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @BenLoosli 

I have not seen this behavior, but it can be connected to license groups or local creo cache error.

I would clear a creo cache and restart Windchill server with cleaning the Windchill cache.

PetrH

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

We found the reason - The user was trying to do the Tools-Sync in an inactive workspace. Once he activated the workspace, he had the Tools menu.

Oh Offline mode 😄  

Top Tags