cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Workspace issue

DonSargent
1-Newbie

Workspace issue

I am having a problem with my workspces. Basically The simple explanation is that I have had difficulty checking CAD documents in and out and my workspace. The view of the workspace in pro-e does not agree with the view of the workspace in Internet Explorer. For instance i have tried to remove a cad model from my work space ( 103303000d0) I got a failure in Event Manager.

But when I check the same workspace in Internet Explorer the CAD document is not there.

Workspace as shown in IEIE_workspace.JPG

pro-e workspace.JPG

Workspace as shown in PRO-E

event_1.JPG

This all happened because I was working on a project and I was not able to work in the workspace at all; I could not check CAD documents in or out, I could not add CAD doocuments to the workspace. So I Backed up my assembly and I finished the project on the network drive out of Windchill. Now I have to get parts back into Windchill. This particular item is one that existed previously in windchill there are others like this.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi

If you have made changes locally in your computer, then the following steps might help you

1. Add to workspace and Check out the part or assembly . (Do not open the part or assembly from workspace in pro-e)

2. Then open the part or assembly from local disk

3. Save the part or assembly(Ignore the warning message which says it will replace the exhisting file and press ok)

4. Then your data in workspace will be shown as modified locally.

5. Upload and Checkin the data

This process helped me many times.I hope this will help you too.

Regards

K.Mahanta

Don sargent,

Viewing your workspace in Pro/E views the client-side workspace by default. The client-side workspace is a copy of the workspace that exists on your local computer. Viewing the workspace in IE only views the server-side workspace (objects that exist in the copy of your workspace on the server).

The most common reason there is a difference between the two is when you save an object (at which point it is displayed in your client-side workspace) but have not yet uploaded it (at which point it will also appear in your server-side workspace). You can hover over the icons in the notification columns to gather information on the status of each object in the workspace (new, modified, not yet uploaded, etc.).

I would generally recommend against backing up full assemblies outside Windchill as it can often be a hassle to get everything back in. That being said there are two primary ways of importing data into Windchill. Step by step instructions for each are below:

Option 1: Tools > Import to Workspace

1. 1. Launch Pro/ENGINEER
  2. 2. Navigate to an empty workspace in the embedded browser
  3. 3. Click Tools > Import to Workspace
  4. 4. Click Add, select the files you wish to import and click Open
  5. 5. Click Next to advance
  6. 6. Select which objects you would like to import as new, import as modified, or reuse
  7. 7. Click Finish to complete the import
  8. 8. Check out then Check in the objects to submit the changes

Option 2: File > Open in Pro/ENGINEER

1. 1. Launch Pro/ENGINEER
  2. 2. Navigate to an empty workspace in the embedded browser
  3. 3. Click File > Open, select the files you wish to import and click Open
  4. 4. Click Save
  5. 5. In Commonspace, select the objects that already exist in Windchill and click Add to Workspace
  6. 6. Check the box to Reuse content in target workspace
  7. 7. Click OK to complete the import
  8. 8. Check out then Check in the objects to submit the changes

Please let me know if this is helpful.

JR Carr

Boston Engineering

Top Tags