cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Zeros being truncated (Query Builder / MS Excel integration)

brian_beard
1-Newbie

Zeros being truncated (Query Builder / MS Excel integration)

I have a query that I created using Query Builder that is integrated with MS Excel that uses one of the available XSL templates (templates/reports/excel2000WebQuery.xsl).

When I run the query from Excel, the part number column is truncating a leading zero, and no matter how I format column A (general, text, number, etc.) the zero is always truncated from the results.

Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? We may have to make a change to the .xsl file.

1 REPLY 1

Brian,

you can have the query builder output a ' befrore the part number, excel will then understand it is a string when importing.

See attached qml.

Vincent
In Reply to Brian Beard:

I have a query that I created using Query Builder that is integrated with MS Excel that uses one of the available XSL templates (templates/reports/excel2000WebQuery.xsl).

When I run the query from Excel, the part number column is truncating a leading zero, and no matter how I format column A (general, text, number, etc.) the zero is always truncated from the results.

Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? We may have to make a change to the .xsl file.

Announcements

Top Tags