cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

anyone using WGM for SolidWorks, including "Toolbox"

bcavanaugh
1-Newbie

anyone using WGM for SolidWorks, including "Toolbox"

has anyone out there been managing solidworks data with Windchill via WGM for Solidworks?

more specifically, to you use "solidworks toolbox", and if so, has it "worked well" or perhaps it has presented complications?

thanks for any experiences!

Barry

5 REPLIES 5

Not yet, I am trying to do a system start-up with toolbox and am already faced with issues. I have toolbox loaded on peer PCs locally and going to the vault is possing a major problem. I am trying to get info from PTC on solutions.

Frank Raspante

Hydroid 508-563-6565

Hello Frank,

please be aware that WC 10.1 M010 (released two days ago!) supposedly has the fix for toolbox, and that 10.0 M030 does NOT handle toolbox correctly. I was told that 10.0 M040 would have the fix, however that is not planned for release until August.

months ago SolidWorks changed the behavior of toolbox and PTC is now catching up with the change. If you are on other than 10.X I'm afraid you will need to reach out to PTC to see when they will adjust your version to again match the new toolbox behavior as implemented by SW.

good luck!

Barry

Hello Frank,

how has your toolbox experience been? We have struggled with the area involving the mapping of custom-vs-configuration-specific properties to windchill attributes...

Hi Barry,

We are using SolidWorks 2012 with Windchill 10.1 M010

I have the SoildWorks Data folder (toolbox) installed on every local computer,

but I turned off the option in SolidWorks that makes the folder the default search location.

In addition, our engineers always make a copy of the part and save them into a

designated library inside of PLM.

toolbox option in SolidWorks.JPG

Scott, thanks for your post. FYI we found a bug in regard to how windchill writes custom properties into the toolbox parts - they issued us a patch and the fix will be in 10.1 M030.

we have spent a ton of time trying to get the wgm for sw to work well with toolbox. I hope sw doesn't change the operation of toolbox again!

Top Tags