cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

change all the EPMdocs DESCRIPTION

vmcdaniel
2-Guest

change all the EPMdocs DESCRIPTION

We are changing our naming convention. What techniques have you used to update the DESCRIPTION attribute/parameter for all the Creo parts in your db?

Thanks!
-Vaughn
7 REPLIES 7

Vaughn,

Are you familar with webjects and Info*Engine tasks.

In short, in could make an Info*Engine tasks that includes six webjects.

The webjects you would need would do the following:

1. Starts a Transaction

2. Query the EPMDocs

3. Checks out the epmdocs

4. Update description on the epmdocs

5. Checks in the epmdocs

6. Commits the transaction

If you decide to go this route but need help wirting the code let me know.

Hi David,

Thanks for the offer. I saw a couple of JD's presentations at PlanetPTC. I'll start with those.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:vmcdaniel)

Are you referring to the name in PDMLink or the attribute in the CAD
model Parameters?

In Reply to David Graham:

Vaughn,

Are you familar with webjects and Info*Engine tasks.

In short, in could make an Info*Engine tasks that includes six webjects.

The webjects you would need would do the following:

1. Starts a Transaction

2. Query the EPMDocs

3. Checks out the epmdocs

4. Update description on the epmdocs

5. Checks in the epmdocs

6. Commits the transaction

If you decide to go this route but need help wirting the code let me know.

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any Info*Ingine task for "Attribute Designation" like we have for "Update description" ?

We have a couple of products on Windchill 10.0 where the users forgot to designate a bunch of CAD attributes during checkin which conceal them from appearing in Windchill.

Thanks

Vaibhav

Vaibhav,

In short, no. Attribute designation is a ProE thing not a Windchill thing. Windchill cannot recognize an attribute until it is designated but the designation itself happens on the Proe side.

All webject types are listed in the "Windchill Adapter Guide". This guide has examples of all webject types. It's certainly worth a look. You'll also want to see the Info*Engine Java Doc.

If just getting started with webject goto %WT_HOME%\taskeditor\bin\modeler.bat This will open a GUI for creating tasks and/or jsp files that contain webjects. It will be very helpful.

Also, when you asked "are there any Info*Engine tasks for updating...", I think you mean are there any Info*Engine webjects. A task is an xml file that contains the webjects. You don't need a task to run a webject however. You can create a Webject object in Java and run from there by-passing the need for addition task files to manage.

Hope this help

David

Thanks David!

Very useful Information for newbie like me.

Regards,

Vaibhav

In Reply to David Graham:

Vaibhav,

In short, no. Attribute designation is a ProE thing not a Windchill thing. Windchill cannot recognize an attribute until it is designated but the designation itself happens on the Proe side.

All webject types are listed in the "Windchill Adapter Guide". This guide has examples of all webject types. It's certainly worth a look. You'll also want to see the Info*Engine Java Doc.

If just getting started with webject goto %WT_HOME%\taskeditor\bin\modeler.bat This will open a GUI for creating tasks and/or jsp files that contain webjects. It will be very helpful.

Also, when you asked "are there any Info*Engine tasks for updating...", I think you mean are there any Info*Engine webjects. A task is an xml file that contains the webjects. You don't need a task to run a webject however. You can create a Webject object in Java and run from there by-passing the need for addition task files to manage.

Hope this help

David

Announcements

Top Tags