cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

command line tool to execute JMX operations

ManojC
1-Newbie

command line tool to execute JMX operations

Hi,

I am looking for command line command to execute JMX operatiosn \ tasks like PULL.

is it possible to execute PULL operation from windchill shell directly not from UI?

thanks

Manoj

5 REPLIES 5
jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:ManojC)

I have no idea what the "PULL" operation you're talking about is here.

As for executing JMX from the command-line there's no general purpose command-line JMX interface integrated with Windchill, but googling "JMX command-line interface" brings up several general purpose tools along these lines.

There's also wt.util.jmx.RunScript and wt.util.jmx.RunSWScript to be aware of. These command-line tools, which are part of all recent Windchill releases, allow one to run one or more scripts via a javax.script-based scripting engine that is installed in the classpath of the JVM in question. By default Java 6 and higher include a JavaScript engine, but many other scripting engines are available. Invoke these commands without arguments (using "java" from a Windchill shell or "windchill" otherwise) for more usage information.

jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:jessh)

Oh, I also should mention that the JDK demos include an example jconsole plugin that adds a JavaScript shell window to jconsole (or VisualVM) with various helpful built-in commands.

ManojC
1-Newbie
(To:jessh)

Hi Jess,

Thanks for responding .. your answer was much helpful, There may not be direct way to execute PULL operation but with the tools you mentioned , look like, may be it is possible to get some workaround. will explore about them .. update to this case.

FYI, PULL operation, Here PULL operation what I am refering is with respect to File Server syncronisation.

This is normal which is executed from Jconsole to get content from all replica servers to master server. Hope now it is clear to you.

Our need is to automate this operation from command line. that is why I am looking out for any such direct commands.

jessh
5-Regular Member

You could always write a short Java program to form a JMX connection and invoke the JMX command(s) you desire.

You could do the same from a script as well.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Manoj, based on Jess' helpful information were you able to get what you needed?

Top Tags