cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

... could not be saved to the workspace.

akelly
11-Garnet

... could not be saved to the workspace.

I am working on Pro/Engineer Wildfire 4 with a pilot installation of Pro/Intralink 9.1.

I'm testing "what-if" functionality, where I'm modifying objects in my Workspace WITHOUT checking any of them out.

I opened up an assembly, then opened a part in the assembly. I changed a dimension, then a conflict window popped-up, prompting me to check-out the model. Since I didn't want to check-out the model, I chose Continue, instead. Then it let me change the dimension and regenerated the model.

I went back to the assembly and regenerated the assembly. I got a conflict warning - Read Only object regenerated (my assembly - OK so far).

I clicked Save for my assembly, and got a conflict about it - The object is read only as it is not checked out. I changed the Action to Continue, then clicked OK.

What I was expecting to happen is that the assembly and the part that I modified would get saved. Instead, the message window says that the assembly could not be saved to the workspace.

I looked at the message log, and there are 2 .xpr files that it says it could not save to the workspace. There are 3 other parts that it said could not be saved to the workspace (see attached). None of these were the part that I modified. The very last line is the assembly that I regenerated and was trying to save.

What's the "best" way to resolve this? As I said above, I am trying to avoid checking out anything. I also didn't actually modify anything in the subassembly that is 2nd from the bottom in the message log.

<<could not=" be=" saved=" to=" workspace.png=">>

Andrew Kelly, P.E. | Senior Engineer | Crane Aerospace & Electronics | +1 440 326 5555 | F: +1 440 284 1090

2 REPLIES 2
akelly
11-Garnet
(To:akelly)

I changed the config.pro option

save_instance_accelerator saved_objects

to

save_instance_accelerator none

Then I was able to save the assembly. I achieved the desired outcome -in my workspace, the part that I modified and the assembly I saved both show up as "modified locally".

So what's up with the instance accelerator files issue? Does anyone have any more experience working this way?

crazywalter
5-Regular Member
(To:akelly)

Hello,
Even if it is an old topic, here what we do when it happens.
Basically it can happen trying to save an assembly even if it is checked out.
Creo seems not to be able to properly save the accelerator file of components of the assembly.
My workaround is to open the generic file of the mentioned components and trigger a verification of the family table via a change, usually by adding a datum plane. 
Afterwards the a component can be saved and also the upper assembly
greets
Walter

Top Tags