cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

could not initilize auditing service

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

could not initilize auditing service

I am working through a cloning rehost to get a 10.0 m040 system that I can do test work on.

I installed Oracle on its machine and run the PTC Setup for Oracle.

Installed Windchill on its machine.

OOTB Windchill can be started.

Did a drop user PDM and Create_user PDM on the Oracle machine

Imported the Oracle dump from my production machine.

Imported the LDIF backup from production.

Ran the rehost utility with I think proper settings.

I can start the Windchill DS.

Windchill method servers start and die immediately.

Error message is: Failure to start manager wt.audit.Standard.Audit.Service

Could not initialize Auditing service.

Nested exceptionis: wt.util.wtexception: (wt.federation.PrincipalManager.PrincipalManagerResourse/CONFIG_ERROR_INCORRECT_NAMING_Provider) com.infoengine.util.IEException: Info*Engine configuration error - The default Directory Service Provider URL and/or Service Search Base could not be retrieved from Info*Engine properties.

4 REPLIES 4

I will start with verifying the directory services entry in wt.properties, wt.federation.org.DirectoryServices, ldap url in wt.properties. Then Windchill/codebase/WEB-INF/ie.properties

All of those look fine.

Any other suggestions?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

I have stripped both systems back to remove Oracle and Windchill.

I have reinstalled 10.0 m040 and it runs fine OOTB.

Repeated the install steps for the clone rehost, Build successful.

But still failing to start the audit services, so the Method servers do not start and then the Server Manager dies.

If the data and settings are the same (except computer name) from my production system, we does it run and the rehosted systems does not?

Is there a way to shut off the audit services?

The issue here is Windchill is not able to communicate with one of the critical component, eith database or LDAP. Eventhough the error says audit service, it is not an issue with audit service but it is one of the services that gets called at the very early startup. Even if you disable audit service, the server will fail on another service. 

Make sure you can connect to the database from the Windchill server using the same connection parameter you have in db.properties file.  Ensure listener is started. 

In log4JServerManager.properties in codebase/WEB-INF, enable the root logger. This should give you some more information on what's going on. Don't forget to set this back to ERROR after you figure out the issue

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, stdout, serverManagerLogFile, MiscLogEvents

Top Tags