cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

global attributes on all doc sub-types

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

global attributes on all doc sub-types

I know I can create an Attribute at the Org level called 'Bread", then create a new document type called Sandwich.

I can then select to add the attribute 'Bread' and add the Legal List of "White|Brown|". I am make it required and add a default.

What I want to know is how to make all "bread' attributes have the same list? It looks like I have to copy and paste the list in each time I make a new document that has the 'Bread' attribute?

The example would be a document specification that has a list of “Buy|Make|Both”. I need to make sure that anytime anyone is searching for any of the several specification doc types (Matl Spec, Artwork Spec, Label Spec etc) that they get the same results.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite
(To:lgrant)

In the Type manager, edit the object type, then select the corresponding global attribute.

on the right, in the contsraints attribute, add an "Enumerated Value List" constraint (instead of a classical "legal value list")

Enum List are localizable. you can inherit values from parent list

And values are well managed. As you can disable values in the list.

So users can not use them anymore when creating objects. But the disabled value is still searchable in the Windchill search ...

regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite

Try to use (if Windchill 10) the new Enumerated List object in the type manager instead of the historicl "list contsraint"

Still need to use the same list each time you use the "bread" attribute in a softype

But the list is an object, so manageable one time . no need to update each type ...

and you are able to localize it if needed ...

lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:GregoryPERASSO)

Any idea how to select the Enumerated list on the Object Type attribute selection.

GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite

In the Type manager, edit the object type, then select the corresponding global attribute.

on the right, in the contsraints attribute, add an "Enumerated Value List" constraint (instead of a classical "legal value list")

Enum List are localizable. you can inherit values from parent list

And values are well managed. As you can disable values in the list.

So users can not use them anymore when creating objects. But the disabled value is still searchable in the Windchill search ...

regards

Top Tags