cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

how to block the problem request and change process request for the CAD and WTP in work in progress state

mrd
4-Participant
4-Participant

how to block the problem request and change process request for the CAD and WTP in work in progress state

6 REPLIES 6
BjoernRueegg
17-Peridot
(To:mrd)

What do you mean with "block"? Cancel?

mrd
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:BjoernRueegg)

If WTP and CAD is in work in progress what is the necessity to raise change request,so the new change request option will be in disabled state .

change process.JPG

BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst

I don't think this is possible without a customization. One thing you could do is, remove any transitions defined for change in LC. This will not allow the user to move the state of the object through a change.

mrd
4-Participant
4-Participant

thanks for your reply

can you pls elaborate in detail,i am new to windchill

remove any transitions defined for change in LC

BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst

Find the Life cycle template used by CAD and WTPart. It should be in the details page as a system attribute

1. Go to Context  >Utilities > Life Cycle Template Administrator > Edit the life cycle state
  2. Select the life cycle state, in your case it's In Progress, I guess.
  3. In the the transitions , remove all the box for change.

unchecklc.jpg

mrd
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:BineshKumar1)

hi binesh,

thanks for you reply,i had tried but it's not working, even after the removing the below mentioned  ,I can still able to raise Change request for the parts in WIP

Capture.JPGhttp://rndts.design.com/Windchill/wt/clients/lifecycle/administrator/LifeCycleAdminTask.jsp?containerOid=OR:wt.inf.container.OrgContainer:46171&u8=1

Top Tags