cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

how to control replication syncronisation frequency .

ManojC
1-Newbie

how to control replication syncronisation frequency .

Hi

Normally, in fileserves environment, synchronization frequency between master and cache server happens at an interval of 3Hrs.

I have requiremnet of disabling this internal ssyncronuzation from cache server to master.

how to accomplish this reuirement ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GaryMansell
6-Contributor
(To:ManojC)

Sorry I miss-read your question, you can disable Sync'ing by disabling these queues in Windchill Queue Manager, if that is what you want to do:

wt.router.3.x = Synchronization

Then check the sync history in the Jconsole to make sure it is working as expected.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GaryMansell
6-Contributor

On a Windchill 9.x System use the jconsole command from a windchill shell and connect to one of the methodservers. Then mbeans tab and com.ptc / Monitors / CacheVaultSynchronizer / Operations and you will find the sync interval there initially set to three hours - you can reduce it to a min of 1 hour.

On a Windchill 10.x System run Jconsole with the command windchill wt.util.jmx.SMJconsole Go to mbeans tab and navigate to com.ptc / MethodServers / MethodServer / Monitors / CacheVaultSynchronizer / Operations.

Rgds

Gary

Thanks for quick reply ..

actually I want disable this for ONLy one perticular site .. ??

when I checked for site specific interval value from jconsole .. it had value of " -1 " I am not sure what -1 means , , does it measn that it is disabled ....

GaryMansell
6-Contributor

Not possible to set Sync interval per site - one setting for all replica sites.

SysCheckSyncInterval should return 1 not -1 not sure what this means, but you can look at the sysGetSyncHistory mbean to see when it has run (or run the PTC vaulting report sql script for detailed info)

Rgds

Gary

GaryMansell
6-Contributor

Sorry - my bad, I have just checked - there is a button in JConsole to set the sync interval per site - just put the name of the site and the interval you want.

yes .. for site .. I am getting -1 value .. hope it is kind of indefinite .. or long time interval at which synchronisation happenes .. may be it is as good as disabling ..

GaryMansell
6-Contributor

Sorry I miss-read your question, you can disable Sync'ing by disabling these queues in Windchill Queue Manager, if that is what you want to do:

wt.router.3.x = Synchronization

Then check the sync history in the Jconsole to make sure it is working as expected.

Thanks for the help ..

Top Tags