cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

need to retrieve older version of product assembly

NSS
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite

need to retrieve older version of product assembly

Need to retrieve the older/earlier version of a product assembly

I have tried "As Stored" filter option while adding the product assembly to workspace. still not able to retrieve the assembly with out failure as its child parts are got revised. So their assembly constraints got failed, now assembly looks like a mess.

is there any option to retrieve the assembly as version/revisions based without failure

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:NSS)

Might take some work, depending on the complexity of the assembly structure.

Do you have checkout when downloaded enabled? This may be preventing some files from being downloaded if Windchill is set to not allow check out of older iterations.

Try downloading sub-assemblies first, then any parts before the top level assembly.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:NSS)

The most fundamental "responsibility" of the CAD Data Management part of PLM is to be able to retrieve and use (and republish if needed) the As Stored condition of all data.

Is there any CAD message when opening the data that may give a clue to more specifics of what is "messed up?"

It's a long shot, but I'm wondering if the permissions are set up such that the user retrieving the data does not have access to a state at which at least some data in the As Stored list is currently at.

Would be worth comparing the result for the current user vs. an admin which for sure has access to all states.

It's also possible that one or more Revisions of the data was moved to a different context that the current user does not have Read / Download access to.

Note: You can test this fully from a browser without CAD to start.  Enable the tab "Relationship Report."  Choose latest and then As Stored and export the results to a file for both users, then compare.

Top Tags