cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

out of date and copying objects in Projects?

estewart-2
1-Newbie

out of date and copying objects in Projects?

Hello guru's,

We are in the process of switching to be more project than product centric, to better reflect our business model.

Some things I have found to be missing from Projects has me scratching my head. It looks like I cannot do a "Save As" in a project workspace when the original object is shared to the project, only when checked out to the project. This causes a problem in that we don't allow users to check out "Released" items. Anyone else find this and what is your solution?

Second, "Out of Date" in projects seems to be missing. Surely it is important for project teams to know if the objects they have shared from PDMLink have been rendered out of date. We can automate the update of the project for the users, but there are two problems I see with that. They will not know what changed within the project and its effects, second, the possibility exists they may have modified locally and want to keep their version of the object. I would have thought this functionality important and included.

I am hoping I've missed something and these functions are both there, just not where I have expected.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Eugene Stewart

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags