cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

product firmware and software / product structure

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

product firmware and software / product structure

Very interested in talking w/others who are managing any element of their product software in Windchill.

2 REPLIES 2

We will be in next 2-3 years... (if they ever let me proceed with the upgrade) we try to separate as designed software wtpart and with or without mpmlink, go the as designed route such that the chip or device in the product or sub assembly holding the software is the as-built mbom.

Integrity integration in 10.1 with the software module let's you take those software parts and tie them to the software builds and releases stored in Integrity or other versioning tool like clearcase or subversion...

Important thing to note: the software instructions might be the same in design, but used differently as constants or properties/attributes on the mbom.

Good thing also is this gives you ability to associate specific work instructions for the manufacturing user, engineer, supply/procurement, or process planner.

Not sure if this is what you were seeking, but figured can't hurt to share.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Dear MIke,

We work with a company in France that use a web service to put their software build structures into PDMLink and use another web service to integrate to their software issue tracking tool (Redmine). It works well but now we are looking at the configuration management problems involved and this raises some interesting questions of how to manage a software structure within a manufacturing BoM. We had a whole discussion on this last week, baselines etc. yet to come up with a good ootb solution. During the early days of the project we looked at “SoftwareLink” from PTC but that sunk without a trace and looking at the new company “integrity” they bought was interesting but does not look to work within the open source world these smaller companies operate in, eg, subversion, Jira etc.

Anyway just to let you know it is possible but we have more questions to answer

Best Regards,
Simon
Top Tags