cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

pvsthumb.exe crashed error

AntonBagryanov
3-Visitor

pvsthumb.exe crashed error

Hi!

When I import WTParts with the representations files or when the visualization is going on I have the window with the pvsthumb.exe crashed error. Anybody know how to solve this problem?

pvsthumbError.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Today i had such error after update CREO from M070 to M120 on CAD Worker and users PCs.

The problem is in pvsthumb.exe (version mismatch). To solve this problem i think PTC will recomend update windchill.

CreoView.png

But i solve this problem by replacing pvsthumb.exe and modify pvsthumb.bom (probably it may be not necessary)

1) Copy pvsthumb.exe from ...\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\apps\prodview\bin (143 kB)

2) Copy pvsthumb.exe from ...\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\apps\prodview\x86e_win64\obj (2002 kB)

Сreate backup windchill server:

...\Windchill\wvs\x86e_win64\obj\pvsthumb.exe

...\Windchill\wvs\bin\pvsthumb.exe

...\Windchill\wvs\bom\x86e_win64\pvsthumb.bom

Replace ...\Windchill\wvs\x86e_win64\obj\pvsthumb.exe by ...\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\apps\prodview\x86e_win64\obj\pvsthumb.exe

Replace ...\Windchill\wvs\bin\pvsthumb.exe by ...\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\apps\prodview\bin\pvsthumb.exe

modify pvsthumb.bom

p pvsthumb.bom

i -1.-1

b 13.2.20.23

e x86e_win64/obj/pvsthumb.exe

s bin/pvsthumb.exe

P

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Today i had such error after update CREO from M070 to M120 on CAD Worker and users PCs.

The problem is in pvsthumb.exe (version mismatch). To solve this problem i think PTC will recomend update windchill.

CreoView.png

But i solve this problem by replacing pvsthumb.exe and modify pvsthumb.bom (probably it may be not necessary)

1) Copy pvsthumb.exe from ...\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\apps\prodview\bin (143 kB)

2) Copy pvsthumb.exe from ...\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\apps\prodview\x86e_win64\obj (2002 kB)

Сreate backup windchill server:

...\Windchill\wvs\x86e_win64\obj\pvsthumb.exe

...\Windchill\wvs\bin\pvsthumb.exe

...\Windchill\wvs\bom\x86e_win64\pvsthumb.bom

Replace ...\Windchill\wvs\x86e_win64\obj\pvsthumb.exe by ...\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\apps\prodview\x86e_win64\obj\pvsthumb.exe

Replace ...\Windchill\wvs\bin\pvsthumb.exe by ...\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\apps\prodview\bin\pvsthumb.exe

modify pvsthumb.bom

p pvsthumb.bom

i -1.-1

b 13.2.20.23

e x86e_win64/obj/pvsthumb.exe

s bin/pvsthumb.exe

P

Pavel, thanks alot for such wide answer!

Pavel, we also had the same issue. Used the workaround that you suggested and it works like a charm now.

Thanks

We encountered the same problem,it has been solved.

Thank you.

Top Tags