cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

"Bursting" files from Editor

RichardSteadman
1-Newbie

"Bursting" files from Editor

Hi,

I'm trying out the Structured Authoring Test Cases in Windchill ProjectLink 9.1.

I'm having trouble getting a ditamap to "burst" properly to Windchill.

I load a ditamap ("2008 Series Shock") in Arbortext Editor (5.4), and save it

as a server object, with "Use location rules for child" unchecked (but I also tried

it checked).

The file is saved ok, but only the main document is saved. None of the referenced

topics show up in Windchill (in Product/Racing Shock Publication/2008 Series Shock),

though the Test Case indicates they are supposed to.

I edited the atidefaults file on the client machine as indicated in a later step with this:

<dmslocation default="Technical Publication"></dmslocation>
<dmsgraphiclocn default="Technical Publication"/>

And I also tried changing the default attributes to "".

Any ideas why the topics are not getting loaded to Windchill? Maybe I'm missing a

Windchill server configuration?

Thanks,

Richard Steadman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Richard

The Structured Authoring Test Cases document is not supposed/intended as a tutorial for the beginners so not every step is detailed.

You should either upload the burst config files (a single atidefaults in a simple case) to Windchill, or define ATTOBJCFG system variable.

This quote from the "Arbortext® Content Management Guide" should help you:

"

When you use the PTC Server connection, Arbortext Editor and Arbortext Publishing
Engine search for the burst configuration files using the following rules:
1. If the APTOBJCFG environment variable is defined, Arbortext Editor and Arbortext
Publishing Engine searches the specified folder. If Arbortext Editor or Arbortext
Publishing Engine finds an atidefaults file in this folder, it becomes the burst
configuration location for the current Arbortext Editor or Arbortext Publishing
Engine session. The designated folder must be on the file system.
2. Arbortext Editor and Arbortext Publishing Engine searches for an object stored
in the PTC Server that is flagged as a burst configuration file and named
atidefaults. Document-type-specific burst configuration files must also be
named correctly, such as axdocbook.

"

Check the "PTC Server connection document bursting" chapter in the "Arbortext® Content Management Guide" for more details on bursting documents.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Richard

The Structured Authoring Test Cases document is not supposed/intended as a tutorial for the beginners so not every step is detailed.

You should either upload the burst config files (a single atidefaults in a simple case) to Windchill, or define ATTOBJCFG system variable.

This quote from the "Arbortext® Content Management Guide" should help you:

"

When you use the PTC Server connection, Arbortext Editor and Arbortext Publishing
Engine search for the burst configuration files using the following rules:
1. If the APTOBJCFG environment variable is defined, Arbortext Editor and Arbortext
Publishing Engine searches the specified folder. If Arbortext Editor or Arbortext
Publishing Engine finds an atidefaults file in this folder, it becomes the burst
configuration location for the current Arbortext Editor or Arbortext Publishing
Engine session. The designated folder must be on the file system.
2. Arbortext Editor and Arbortext Publishing Engine searches for an object stored
in the PTC Server that is flagged as a burst configuration file and named
atidefaults. Document-type-specific burst configuration files must also be
named correctly, such as axdocbook.

"

Check the "PTC Server connection document bursting" chapter in the "Arbortext® Content Management Guide" for more details on bursting documents.

Hi Dmirty - thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards,

Richard

Top Tags