cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

"Save As" Problem

BrittanGill
1-Newbie

"Save As" Problem

I have a problem when I try to create a "Save As" to an existing assembly in Windchill. The parts I want to duplicate are tied to a layout and when I try to "Save As", Windchill wants me to copy all parts tied to that layout. The problem is there are other parts outside of the assembly I want to copy tied to that layout. When I try to undeclare parts from the layout, it shows no declaration. I checked the related objects on the layout I am copying and it says there are older iterations of parts I don't want to copy still tied to that layout.

The question is how do I break this link? Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

I've had this problem before, and I had to delete the references from the parts to the layouts in Pro/E to do this. I'm not sure if that's a viable solution for you, as you'll have to iterate the parts from which you remove the layout reference.

What versions are you working with?

I am using Pro/E Wildfire 4.0 with Winchill 9.0. You are correct in that a new iteration will be created as soon as I undeclare the layout. The layout still maintains the link to the older iteration. Is there a way to break the link from the layout instead of the part? Or is there a way to purge older iterations from Windchill and will that break the link?

According to the "Windchill Business Administration Guide" the purge capability is available (refer to snippet below). Seek more information from the help for the "Purge Manger" and from your site administrator.

"Purge, Archive, and Restore Jobs"

You can create and manage purge jobs with the Purge Manager, accessed from the

Site

tab Utilities page. You can create purge jobs to permanently remove data from

the Windchill system, or (if the archive functionality is installed at your site) you

can create an archive of the data to restore at a later time. For more information,

see the help available from the Purge Manager.

Top Tags