cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

renaming files in PDMLink

BillRullan
1-Newbie

renaming files in PDMLink

I just exported 370 files from Workspace A to a new Workspace (B). In my new workspace, I noticed the "Number" field is blank, while the "Name" and "File Name" fields are visible with their associated file information. Now I'm faced with renaming the missing "Number" fields (my intent is to have all 3 fields the same), but I cannot figure out how to do this quickly. I DO NOT have time to copy and paste 370 fields. Isn't there a quick renaming tool to handle this?

2 REPLIES 2

Bill,

In the Workspace you ca select all an go into the "file" drop down menu and select "rename".

Into the rename page you'll have to select all and click on the rename rule icon. This will allow you to check a box with "use number same as filename".

If you can't find it, let me know I'll send you a screenshot.

What version of PDM are you using?

SteveShaw
15-Moonstone
(To:BillRullan)

Bill,

For your imported data are the name and filename set correctly in your workspace? Number does not get assigned until you perform an upload. The numbering it takes on will be based on your Object Initialization rules. if your rules are for number to be inherited from filename, for instance, it should be synchronized once you have uploaded.

Top Tags