cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

security question

Dmi3U
15-Moonstone

security question

Hi All,

Do you use any utilities to clean the PC after logging into PLM from public PC? I am thinking about some wraper which will clear cache, passwords e.t.c after using Windchill. Any utilities you would suggest: pros vs cons? How would you even start it since windchill does not have a logout?

Just wanted to start a discussion, and, maybe get PTC thinking about it...

Tank you,

Dmitry

4 REPLIES 4

In Reply to Dmitry Ushamirsky:

Do you use any utilities to clean the PC after logging into PLM from public PC? I am thinking about some wraper which will clear cache, passwords e.t.c after using Windchill. Any utilities you would suggest: pros vs cons? How would you even start it since windchill does not have a logout?

How about using http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy_mode ?

Jørn

What would be really slick is to have Windchill check for the privacy mode being enabled in the browser. Perhaps something like this:
Dmi3U
15-Moonstone
(To:Dmi3U)

In Reply to John Frankovich:

What would be really slick is to have Windchill check for the privacy mode being enabled in the browser. Perhaps something like this: http://crypto.stanford.edu/~collinj/research/incognito/ Not the most bulletproof means, but it works in principle.

If the concern is employee PC access outside of the company network, I would consider a custom browser deployment of Firefox that forces privacy mode. Then force Windchill to check for this browser version.

If you need to ensure secure access from public PCs, I would consider forcing truly public access through Citrix.

John

I'm doing some testing with Pro/E WF5 and PDMLink 9.1 M050. When trying to upload an assembly, it fails and the Conflict Manager only tells me that "Content Upload failed because of invalid response from the server." I'm able to upload other items, but not this assembly. That implies that the error is assembly-specific, but the error seems sort of general (and vague). Any ideas?

Thanks, John

Announcements

Top Tags