cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

strange behavior in a project

ptc-287028
4-Participant

strange behavior in a project

In a project, when i first open it, I have all action icons available in top row. When I drill down to a sub folder all of the actio icons disappear. When I return to the root the action icons are gone. When I log out of windchill, and then reenter the project the actions are back again. But not at the sub folder level.

Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ptc-287028
4-Participant
(To:ptc-287028)

Phillip Saddler found the correct answer and solution. The Project creator did not "completely" start the project. I had to actually go to the details page of the project, and then select Start from the Actions menu. After that everyone had the proper permissions and icons (actions) at the top of the interface.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

What version of Windchill are you using?

Can you upload some screenshots of the issue so we can see exactly what you're seeing in the UI?

abc.jpgWindchill 10.1 m040.....also 10.1 M040........also being looked at on PTC C#11938375.

Whats the browser and what is its version? in case of IE, if you are using IE 8, you can try the same thing on IE 9 and see if it works.

The problem is same in IE9.0 (had been using IE8.0).

ptc-287028
4-Participant
(To:ptc-287028)

Phillip Saddler found the correct answer and solution. The Project creator did not "completely" start the project. I had to actually go to the details page of the project, and then select Start from the Actions menu. After that everyone had the proper permissions and icons (actions) at the top of the interface.

Top Tags