cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

windchill API which gives all cad documents url in output

AP_10343008
12-Amethyst

windchill API which gives all cad documents url in output

I need a windchill API which gives all cad documents url in output. For every partnumber, i need url for the files .prt, .asm, .drw. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I got both epm id from this getPartsInPartsByID API from ProdMgmt/Parts which i can use in GetRepresentations API from CadDocumentMgmt/CadDocuments to get url. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Are you looking for the details page or the content link? I have written JSP page that returns the content WTDocs via parameters, very similar. APIs should be similar. A word of caution on directly accessing the content in this manner. Workspaces are able to handle things like rename events dynamically. For example, you know in Creo that the assembly and drawing call for their dependents by their filename. I am able to change the filename in PDMLink at any time. The binary content of the assembly and drawing are not touched where they sit in the vaults. They are dynamically altered when they enter a workspace. This means if you directly access those files in this manner, that rename adjustment will not occur and they will be looking for the old filename.  

Iam using GetRepresentations API from CadDocumentMgmt/CadDocuments. In Output JSON, iam am getting url for first CAD Document. But I need a API which returns url of all the CAD Documents.

AP_10343008_0-1685706168623.png

I got both epm id from this getPartsInPartsByID API from ProdMgmt/Parts which i can use in GetRepresentations API from CadDocumentMgmt/CadDocuments to get url. 

Top Tags