cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

windchill search

AdamJuntunen
1-Newbie

windchill search

Hi,

I've installed windchill 10.1 M010. It works great except that when users enter a part number to search in the upper right search box, it never finds anything. They have to do an advanced search and then enter a part number search by name or number. is there a way to make it so the default search box searches by name or part number instead of keyword? we only have cad documents in there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Set and lock the preference at site level.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I've found that as a user, I can go to utilities, preference management, search, then right click on "enable index search" and set to No. then it works the way I want it to. I have to do that for each user though whic will suck. Also it says "the default behavior is to ignore this setting and set to disable if index search is not installed". So if I didn't install idex search, then I shouldn't have to mess with this.

I didn't install index search so I'm not sure what's going on. If I had installed index search by mistake somehow, there would be a solr folder under my Windchill folder and there's not.

Set and lock the preference at site level.

Or delete with a right click on the preference all the child instances...

Top Tags