cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

windchill zoom in

ptc-4436721
1-Newbie

windchill zoom in

hello guys i need some help. Some weeks ago my company installed Windchill 10 for all the workstations but mine had some problems.. window zoom is far and i cannot see clearly i have tried to change configurations to my internet explorer but i cannot fix this... anybody knows how to change the window zoom? i have tried to modify some parameters in java but i'm not an expert and maybe i would be affecting more than correcting the problem. thanks in advance if i get an answer...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I face same issue but for some user only! And I finally realize that each user didn,t use default Dispay setting of Windows. The screen display resolution need to be Default (100%) than in ProE the size of your setting will be fine! Now if you wanna change the default setting you have to change the following registry :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Script\Features]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Script\Features\iexplore]
"GcVarTrigger"=dword:00010000
"GcValTrigger"=dword:00010000
"GccbSysTrigger"=dword:00040000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Script\Features\xtop]

With these new registry you'll be able to scroll the Display of the embedded browser in ProE.

hope will help!

Martin

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Miguel,

Can you post a picture of your screen ? That sould help to understand.

Thanks,

Morgan

screen.JPG

here's the screen, i'm using Pro/E wildfire 4, and the web browser is microsoft internet explorer, i have tried on windchill screen going to: Quick Links-My Settings-Preferences.... changing some parameters but i don't get any modification.

I assume you are talking about the text size zoom in you browser you access Windchill with.

On most stand-alone browsers Ctrl-+ and Ctrl - zoom in and out. To reset the zoom to 100 % you use Ctrl-0.

I do not have access to the embedded Pro/E or Creo browser - so if you are using that I'm not sure if the same shortcut keys apply.

in Pro/E or Creo the browser is like a pop up window and those commands Ctrl-+ or Ctrl-scroll don't work that's the problem i have.

sbaty
4-Participant
(To:ptc-4436721)

We have the same problem on a single machine using Wildfire 4 and Windchill 10. Windchill interface looks fine in standalone browser but all text is tiny as shown above in the embedded browser. PTC's only recommendation was to upgrade to Wildfire 5.

We have no solution

1) removing and reinstalling Pro/E did not fix

2) adjusting settings in graphics S/W (nVidia) did not fix

3) embedded browser does not respond to <ctrl +> or <ctrl -> like the standalone browser does

4) deleting cache (AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire) did not fix

Ctrl + scroll wheel on mouse.

sbaty
4-Participant
(To:MtnDog)

Yes, we are aware that Ctrl + scroll wheel is the same as <Ctrl +> and <Ctrl ->. The standalone browser responds but the embedded browser does not.

MtnDog
7-Bedrock
(To:sbaty)

Interesting it works for us. You can also try changing windows_browser_type to Mozilla, or IE in seperate process.

sbaty
4-Participant
(To:MtnDog)

Only on WF5+ can you employ an alternate browser; my guess is that IE in separate process was also a new feature with WF5.

Hi,

I face same issue but for some user only! And I finally realize that each user didn,t use default Dispay setting of Windows. The screen display resolution need to be Default (100%) than in ProE the size of your setting will be fine! Now if you wanna change the default setting you have to change the following registry :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Script\Features]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Script\Features\iexplore]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Script\Features\xtop]

With these new registry you'll be able to scroll the Display of the embedded browser in ProE.

hope will help!

Martin

sbaty
4-Participant
(To:MartinStLo)

I thought we had checked that, but as it turns out, this was our problem. The user had the Windows Display setting at Medium - 125%. The logic apparently is inverted in the embedded browser: when the Windows Display font size is enlarged in this manner, the embedded browser font size actually reduces in size. We have not tried your method of changing what the default is (the behind the scenes registry adjustment).

Top Tags