cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

workflows - notificationrobot doesn't work

MichaelHacker
7-Bedrock

workflows - notificationrobot doesn't work

Hey guys!

I got a problem. I'd like to get a mail to all Users who belong to the role "approver".

To get that, I've chosen a notificationrobot which is set to send a mail to role "approver" even to the "prozessinitiator" (set in first registrycard - common)

Mail to "processinitiator" does work but mail to role doesn't... can anybody tell me why?

role is set to a specific group that contents some useres. All users have emailadresses...

ah, we use Windchill 9.1 M060

kind regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There's a relatively complex sequence that the system uses to find the people that should get the notification. Need to experiment a bit.

The Workflow template Role (if used - could be other) has to "get resolved to principals at runtime" meaning the system finds who is mapped to that Role at the time the robot fires. Have to check sequence w/PTC but it looks at: People mapped to the Role in the team instance for the PBO; People mapped the Role in the context team where the PBO exists, possibly other places.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There's a relatively complex sequence that the system uses to find the people that should get the notification. Need to experiment a bit.

The Workflow template Role (if used - could be other) has to "get resolved to principals at runtime" meaning the system finds who is mapped to that Role at the time the robot fires. Have to check sequence w/PTC but it looks at: People mapped to the Role in the team instance for the PBO; People mapped the Role in the context team where the PBO exists, possibly other places.

Mike Lockwood is right! I have do edit the "Promotion Request Team" of my Organisation in the "Team Administrator" The Robots can only work, when the role is defined in the Promotion Request Team...

thanks a lot!

Top Tags