cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

(wt.util.WTException: java.lang.NullPointerException) cannot checkin

BuddyHudson
1-Newbie

(wt.util.WTException: java.lang.NullPointerException) cannot checkin

Ok, this crap is driving me freakin crazy!

I have users both in the US and in India that are receiving this error when trying to check in objects into the system. So of course having no clue as to what this meant other than it has the word java in it, I proceeded to let tech support try to help. They came back to me with the following change that they say needed to be made in Oracle:

wcfile.jpg

I had IT execute this in the system and it completed successfully, but yet the problem still remains....

H....E....L....P!!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tech support has informed me that this issue is related to workspace corruption. The fix is A.) Perform a Tools>Synchronize in the workspace and try again or B.) Backup the modified model locally to disk, clear the workspace and cache, open the model from disk location, and try to check-in again.

Buddy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Can you provide the stack trace for the checkin failure?

Ok Matthew, first you have to explain what a stack trace is, then I can proabably get it to you.

Thanks for responding,

Buddy Hudson

Tech support has informed me that this issue is related to workspace corruption. The fix is A.) Perform a Tools>Synchronize in the workspace and try again or B.) Backup the modified model locally to disk, clear the workspace and cache, open the model from disk location, and try to check-in again.

Buddy

Hi Buddy,

Have these steps resolved the issue for you?

If so, could you mark your answer as correct so that others in the community can find the answer.

Thank you,

Jarrett

thanks Buddy...this worked for me.

have a nice, safe day!

I had the same error message because I copied a drawing format file while I was doing a save copy on a file. What I did to resolve it was go into the original file and the copied file and change the format and save, go back to workspace in windchill and delete the format folder. Then everything will be able to check in and update.

Top Tags