cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

wvs.properties file

MSC12
1-Newbie

wvs.properties file

This may seem like a simple question but how do I access the wvs.properties file and how do I make changes to it?

6 REPLIES 6

Which release? In 10.1 it is in <Windchill>/codebase/wvs.properties. In 10.2 it is in <Windchill>/codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties.

Use xconfmanager to set it. For example

start a windchill shell

xconfmanager -p -t codebase/wvs.properties -s <somekey>=<somevalue>

or

xconfmanager -p -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s <somekey>=<somevalue>

It is 10.2 but neither of your links seem to be working for me. Is there any other way?

It should be the second command. Did you copy/paste? If so, try typing manually because the dash often does not copy/paste correctly.

Can you run "xconfmanager -p" to propagate?

Can you run "xconfmanager -p -t codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties -s testkey=testvalue?

Does it give errors or does it write "testkey=testvalue" into the file?

it simply says webpage cannot be found

dcosta
7-Bedrock
(To:MSC12)

Hello,

I suppose that you have access to the windchill server.

Go to the file <Windchill root folder>/Windchill/site.xconf

This is the master file for changes, inside of it you can find commands as:

<Property name="NAME OF THE PROPERTY" overridable="true" targetFile="codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties" value="VALUE FOR THE PROPERTY"

And there is your wvs.properties, in the path <Windchill root folder>/Windchill/codebase/WEB-INF/conf/wvs.properties

After that, all the chagest must be realized in the site.xconf ussing that style. You can't change wvs.properties directly.

When you finish to change/add/delete etc all the properties in site.xconf, you must go to windchill shell and write:

xconfmanager -p

This is the step by step method for changes, for your security.

severals of the changes need that you reboot Windchill, other only the background.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:MSC12)

Attached may be of interest.

I always put properties files into a spreadsheet to record the OTB values.

Best practice is to add a few columns - OTB value, your current value, comments.

Top Tags