cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

MPMLink Print&View licences

ChrisPLM
9-Granite

MPMLink Print&View licences

Hello everyone

we have many posts regarding PDMLink Print&View licences. I have now discovered that there is also a MPMLink Print&View licence.

9) MPMLink View and Print. “Active User” means that a license is required for each Permitted User who accesses the product in a given calendar month solely for purposes of viewing and/or printing data stored in the product; provided, however, that the restriction in the license agreement against generic log-ins is not applicable for this license type where a number of individuals are sharing a workstation in a manufacturing environment (e.g., on a shop floor or an assembly line). This View and Print license is limited to the Permitted User viewing and printing information related to the creation and support of the manufacturing plan (e.g., mBOMs, eBOMs, manufacturing plans, operations, resources, 2D or 3D representations, tooling requirements and quality documentation).

In the proposal we received we have a number of MPMLink BOMs and Process plan for those who will be converting eBOM into mBOM and create the process plans.

However, I was expecting, until I read the above from the licence agreement document, that anybody else (designers for instance, engineering team leader, chief engineers) would be able to view, review, approve the mBOM and process plan with their existing licence.

Does it mean we need to by MPMLink View and Print for everyone ?

Our designers, while focusing on the eBOM often look at existing process plan and mBOM when creating a new design to avoid many iteration of their eBOM required by "downstream" people.

Thank you for throwing some lights.

Best regards

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags