cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo 2.0 screen is flipped?

ptc-4808300
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 screen is flipped?

Hi there,

I have recently installed Creo 2.0 from the PTC website, I am a student and I recieved the educational activation code.

Everything installed but when I went to open Creo 2.0 Parametric everything is flipped over the horizontal axis. When I go to sketch the cursor is mirrored to the other half of the screen.

Has anybody has this issue before? And if so how can I fix it?

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bruce,

your problem looks like graphics problem. Try to add the following option into config.pro file.

graphics win32_gdi

If this option resolves your problem, you can remove it and try to install newer drivers for grahics card.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Bruce,

your problem looks like graphics problem. Try to add the following option into config.pro file.

graphics win32_gdi

If this option resolves your problem, you can remove it and try to install newer drivers for grahics card.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thank you Martin this is working

Only problem is however I don't think it's the graphics card, I'm running a new macbook pro with Parralells virtual machine running Windows 7 64 bit.

I am using ANSYS 14, Autodesk Inventor and MATLAB day to day with no problems, only a problem in Creo 2.0.

Is it a problem if i just leave the graphics win32_gdi in the config.pro file?

Again many thanks.

Bruce,

YES, you can leave graphics win32_gdi in the config.pro file.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Bruce,

How do you like running Pro-e on the Macbook? Any problems keeping it all together?

Just thought I'd ask as I'm considering the same...

Thanks,

Bob Barker

This was brilliant. Putting the graphics win32_gdi at the start of the config file works perfectly.

Thank you Martin.

I have the same Mac Pro with VM Ware, Windows 7 operating.

Only had Creo 2.0 for a few days but all operating well, including rendering.

Hi

I don't think I understand this thread at all and I am encountering the same problem with the axis flipping; firstly whereabouts is this config.pro file located (I have done a hard dsk search and there are many results) and secondly, what do I do with it? Do I open it and change the contents inside it to graphics win32_gdi, do I change the name of the file to graphics win32_gdi or what? I do not understand what has been mean by 'adding the option' win32_gdi.

Thank you

Dalong,

you have to tell us what Pro/ENGINEER or CREO PARAMETRIC version do you use.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I have the same problem, and there appears to be no config.pro file, also what do you mean by "adding the option?

Michael,

download my config.pro and put it into your startup directory.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Every so often, people go the extra mile and deserve a reward. Thanks for "short-circuiting" the process and just sharing your config.pro file with the graphics win32_gdi as part of it. I just installed Creo 2.0 on my MacBook with Parallels, ran into the same problem as everyone above. I've got an PTC reseller rep out of EAC that has been a hero for me, and he suggested adding this to my config.pro. But rather that going through all that, here you had a config.pro file to share and saved me some time. Now it's running great on my MacBook. THANKS!

Brett

Top Tags