cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Dimensions not moving on first try - just me?

JonathanHodgson
11-Garnet

Dimensions not moving on first try - just me?

All,

Since WF4, I've noticed that quite often (but not every time!), the following happens:

• I select a dimension
  • I hover over it such that the cursor changes to the "Move" four-way arrow
  • I click and drag - and the dimension doesn't move
  • I try again and it usually moves on the second try.

That was initially under XP x64; it still happens under Win 7 Pro x64. My colleague is currently working in WF5 / Creo 0 under Win 7, and feels that this problem is even worse in WF5.

Have other people noticed this? Have PTC acknowledged it? Does it still happen in Creo 2?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

You have hit a real pet peeve on this one. Even in Creo 2.0, I find myself not grabbing what I clearly intend to grab. Actually, it was worse pre-M040... really bad in M010 where the mouse focus became shifted from the screen click as much as a 1/2" or so. The only way you would know this is through pre-highlighting.

The problem is that we seem to need to pick lit pixels... not a specific bounding box for certain picks. The price for fewer mouse clicks seems to be many more mis-clicks

So for the most part Creo 2.0 M040 is fairly stable about screen location, but actually grabbing what you want still requires a higher level of accuracy than one would think would be required.

Well, if the actual pick area to move is limited to certain pixels, then it's really poor UI design to have the mouse cursor change if you're not over one of those pixels.

There seems little point me raising a call as I can only vouch for WF4; but if anyone who's experienced this in Creo 2 would care to start hassling PTC, it might just help...

Text notes are worse ...

to HIGHLIGHT the note you have to click exactly on one of the LINES of text

between the letters is OK, between the lines is NOT, end of lines NOT

once its highllighted you get a green rectangle around the text

but then you again cant just click anywhere in the rectangle to drag it - same rules apply

Whats worse, if you click in any of the NOT regions you end up deselecting the Note and

selecting the VIEW behind, you then have to get out of the VIEW context. But if you are

zoomed in, you dont know you have selected the VIEW and on it goes.

At first I thought I was a klutz but when you disect it its the programmer thats the klutz

This interface behaviour is very unforgiving - its basic low level stuff and its not right !

and this is CREO 2 ...

Top Tags