cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

how to make bom table for assemblies containing same parts

bsingh
1-Newbie

how to make bom table for assemblies containing same parts

zzz.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:bsingh)

Bhupinder,

I think Assy.1, Assy.2, Assy.3....... in the screen shot are instances of family table of assembly. If yes, you can have all this in one repeat region table assigning Models to columns.

E.g. There is an assembly with four instances.

1. Create a repeat region table of with required number of columns (basic columns i.e. Index, Name, Weight etc + One column for each instance), in this example, first two columns are for Index and Name, rest four are for each instance.

2. Assign appropriate report parameter to first two columns and rpt.qty for quantity columns.

3. Repeat region > Column Model/Rep > Select Cell for Report parameter for first instance > Browse to assembly and select First instance > Repeat earlier steps to assign different instances to different columns

VIDEO attached:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:bsingh)

Bhupinder,

I think Assy.1, Assy.2, Assy.3....... in the screen shot are instances of family table of assembly. If yes, you can have all this in one repeat region table assigning Models to columns.

E.g. There is an assembly with four instances.

1. Create a repeat region table of with required number of columns (basic columns i.e. Index, Name, Weight etc + One column for each instance), in this example, first two columns are for Index and Name, rest four are for each instance.

2. Assign appropriate report parameter to first two columns and rpt.qty for quantity columns.

3. Repeat region > Column Model/Rep > Select Cell for Report parameter for first instance > Browse to assembly and select First instance > Repeat earlier steps to assign different instances to different columns

VIDEO attached:

Thanks

best vedieo uploaded

I learned new things

cannot thank you enough for the steps and video. fantastic.

Top Tags