cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to write relations in a table in a format ?

Syl
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

How to write relations in a table in a format ?

Hi PTC community !

I need to create a format *.frm with a Bill of Materials that groups the parts by categories. One category is Mechanics. The other is Electronics. The table is the following :

Clipboard01.png

The &tot_mech parameter is the summation of the &rpt.qty of the Mechanics repeat region. The &tot_elec parameter is the summation of the &rpt.qty of the Electronics repeat region. The &tot_parts is the total number of parts in the assembly.

My question is : how can I add a relation in the format that the parameter &tot_parts is the sum of &tot_elec and &tot_mech, that is :

&tot_parts = tot_elec + &tot_mech ?

Thanks in advance

Syl

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Syl,

Are those two separate Repeat Regions, Mechanics and Electronics? Do both repeat regions reference the same model? The way you create &tot_mech and &tot_elec values, will also probably need to be created in the repeat region that you create &tot_parts.

Perhaps you can upload a small sample data set so users can take a look at your setup.

Hi Clint,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes, the repeat regions are separate and reference the same model.

&tot_parts is not in a repeat region. Ideally I would like that it is &tot_elec + &tot_mech. But I could not find a way to insert formulaes in cells in a similar way that is used for Excel sheets. It would be great if PTC could implement basic formula functionalities for the format tables.

I will try to post a sample data soon.

Syl.

Top Tags