cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Multiple file open functionality using selection ways as known in most operating systems

rsobecki
12-Amethyst

Multiple file open functionality using selection ways as known in most operating systems

Very often I need to open more then one file at once and it isn't possible in Creo Parametric. I think standard selection modes like using <Ctrl> or <Shift> should be possible.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesBurcham
4-Participant
(To:rsobecki)

Do you use a PDM software with Creo.  We use Windchill and with Windchill you can open multiple models or drawings at one time.

It does seem reasonable to allow multi-selection in the File/Open window surely! You can easily work around this by writing your own 'open app' with Pro/Web.Link or other free API of your choice. The pfc based API's offer the ability to list files in a directory or workspace like this

var Files = oSession.ListFiles ("*.prt,*.asm,*.drw", pfcCreate("pfcFileListOpt").FILE_LIST_LATEST , Path);

Just a matter of making a UI (10 lines of HTML and JavaScript) and a function to open the selections (another 10 lines perhaps). Would be nicer if the API had a multi-file selection box of course but perhaps the multi-file select control present in HTML5 would suffice for the folks that don't use Windchill.

I'm also the kind of person that likes to pick multiple objects from an assy tree and then RMB/Open. Again simple stuff but beats multiple trips. Again simple to write in an hour with the API's.

rsobecki
12-Amethyst
(To:rsobecki)

Yes with Windchill it isn't a problem, but pure in Creo it is and that's the really purpose on my vote

Top Tags