cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

ARX Opal Appearance

ptc-919987
1-Newbie

ARX Opal Appearance

Hi There,

does any one know where to find or how to set an appearance so the object can be rendered in ARX with an opal look.

I'm looking for a white base color with blueish and greenish shine.

I have the special appearances from PTC but it does not have a specific opal color.

I did try to simulate opal by adjusting a metallic paint color but that's not very satisfying!

thanks for the help!

BR

Ferry

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hello Ferry

I try create (mix color with textures and bump map) for OPAL

I think that best way is use some nice texture

Here is my quick OPAL Appearance (settings):

opal-render.JPG

Note: used taxture and bump is in the attachment

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Thanks Vladimir where do you find these cool textures and the exact bump?, i use them for create these .dmt creo arx material

Hi Camillo...

You'd be amazed at the free textures and surfaces you can find just using Google. Simply search for "Opal" or "opal texture" and perform an image search (instead of a regular web search). To create the bump map you can use most picture processors to turn a color image into black and white. Microsoft Office Picture Manager comes standard MS Office Professional (or at least it used to). You can also use shareware/freeware like Paint Shop Pro to generate bump maps for your textures.

With a bit of patience and some searching you can come up with some pretty great textures for free.

Thanks!

-Brian

The problem with google is that some times the texture comes with water marks or doesn´t have good resolution so i was wondering for web page exclusive for free good textures and bumps. Good tips about create bumps would be so usefull for me thanks Brian.

Hello Camilo

You are welcome

Note: I find the opal texture by Google and convert bump map via a third party program (like Brian said)

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

I make a test eliminating the bump and the result was that same, but when i put just image propierties (not procedural image), on bump and texture that´s the moment when bump come out anybody knows why?

Top Tags