cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

So, did we lose the ability in Creo to rename datum points individually now?

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

So, did we lose the ability in Creo to rename datum points individually now?

I have some points as part of a datum curve. I want to rename the points individually, but since the individual points are not separate features, it seems I can't rename them.

Again, something that would take me 2 seconds to do in WF4 has resulted in hours of frustration and wasted time.....with no solution.

Is this an "enhancement" like taking away the "Add Inner Fcs" option in a swept protrusion? Am I supposed to fix this somehow with a "Fill" feature too?

Why must I be forced to completely relearn Pro/E with these "nothing but" GUI changes? I'm wasting far too much time trying to find stuff I used to easily find in WF4. And the "Help" isn't.....

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, so, I finally found it. Again, they saw fit to bury the same commands that were once easily accessable.

If you're in a top assembly, and ANY feature or buried feature you want to rename is in a part or lower-level assembly, you must either OPEN that assembly and do it there, or ACTIVATE the part or lower-level assembly where the feature resides. So, you have to do all this, AND scroll thru 2 separate menus containing ALL the many features in a part (some of mine have had 1,400+ features!) to get to a simple rename, instead of just doing it?!?!?! Wow. Can't wait to be done with these changes so I can go back on WF4.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Frank,

i could be wasting your time here, but worth a shot. I am not currently using Creo 1, still Creo/Elements Pro, but here i rename individual datum points by selecting File_Properties_Features and Geometry_names, click change, locate your point to be changed & rename it. Things might have changed in Creo (like you already stated in your post) but just maybe this is the same.

Regards

John

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:John.Pryal)

Nah, you're never wasting my time John! Thanks for your reply.

Since it's a point buried in a feature, it doesn't show up in the names. I wasn't able to find a way. I'm going to look some more because I'm pissed off, but we'll see.

Man I HATE this interface. I hate working on other people's stuff because they, unfortunately, are using (and struggling with) Creo, while I've chose to stay on WF4. As most of them are ex-solidworks people, I find it harder and harder to fend off their criticisms.....because they're right. Especially since I've chosen to stay on WF4. Way to make a giant leap backwards PTC........

Ok, so, I finally found it. Again, they saw fit to bury the same commands that were once easily accessable.

If you're in a top assembly, and ANY feature or buried feature you want to rename is in a part or lower-level assembly, you must either OPEN that assembly and do it there, or ACTIVATE the part or lower-level assembly where the feature resides. So, you have to do all this, AND scroll thru 2 separate menus containing ALL the many features in a part (some of mine have had 1,400+ features!) to get to a simple rename, instead of just doing it?!?!?! Wow. Can't wait to be done with these changes so I can go back on WF4.

Top Tags