cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo Drawings - Arrow Tail Length

Daves1
1-Newbie

Creo Drawings - Arrow Tail Length

I am trying to figure out how to change the length of the tails on dimension arrows in Creo 2.0. I found how to change the size of the arrows, but the tail lengths are still very long.

Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Daves1)

In the config.pro for drawings these might help:

dim_leader_length - set length of dimension leader line when leader arrows are outside of witness lines.

dim_text_gap - controls distance between dimension text and dimension leader line and represents the ratio between gap size and text height. For diameter dimensions, it controls the extension of an elbow beyond the text if "text_orientation" is "parallel_diam_horiz".

Hope this helps. Dale

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Daves1)

In the config.pro for drawings these might help:

dim_leader_length - set length of dimension leader line when leader arrows are outside of witness lines.

dim_text_gap - controls distance between dimension text and dimension leader line and represents the ratio between gap size and text height. For diameter dimensions, it controls the extension of an elbow beyond the text if "text_orientation" is "parallel_diam_horiz".

Hope this helps. Dale

Dale, Thanks a million! I really appreciate it!

In WF4.0 you could drag the dimension to change the leader length dynamically. How do you do this in Creo?

Ryan,

Select dimension > Press SHIFT > Drag Cursor to change leader length.

Thank you. I wish there was a way around using the shift button for this, the alt button to change text in the title block, and other annoying extra buttons that weren't required in WF4.

Top Tags