cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

3D Printing

MS_3919369
3-Visitor

3D Printing

hello, i need some information, which module is best adapted to design parts for 3d printing?

I thought about creo direct but I don't know exactly its potential.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:MS_3919369)

Its not completely clear what you are asking. In order to 3D print something you just need geometry.

Are you asking how to create geometry to avoid overhangs that are problematic for 3D printing? If so then I would suggest you look into the lattice features in Creo Parametric.

If you are looking for unique geometry then maybe look into the generative design module which will make tree like structures.

thanks for your answer, i already use parametric creo, but in another department, my question is to know if a creo direct license can answer the needs of a 3d printer, the objective is to provide a simple and cheap license for the machine operator can draw the pieces himself
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:MS_3919369)

Creo direct can create geometry and it can save stl files so yes it can create files that can be imported into a slicer program that can then drive the printer.

Whether or not Creo Direct is the right application for what you are trying to do is one that only you can determine.

Top Tags