cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

3D SECTION VIEW

jwilkerson
1-Newbie

3D SECTION VIEW

Hi all,

I have been searching the help files and the only place it talks about 3D section views is in the detail section. It says you can show 3D section views on the drawing, but that they need to be made in the model. Well, I can't find any document or even the PTC university tutorials that say how to make a 3D section view. Can anyone tell me how to create one?

Thanks,

Jody

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Thank you for the responses. I have tried both the offset and the zone. One of the offset views only gives me a cross hatch pattern but does not remove either side. My other offset view gives me the cross hatch, but the set active is greyed out. The zone section also gives me the cross hatch but I can't set it acive. I am trying to cut through the model using the right plane and a radial distance for the center axis. When I try to add the cross section to the drawing the 3D button is still greyed out. Is there something I am missing?

Forgot to put that I am using WF4 M100.

Thanks,

Jody

Jody,

According to PTC only "Zone Type"cross sections are supported for 3D cross-sections in the drawing, and they need to be created in the model. If you can create 2 datum planes than you can use that to create the 3D cross section you describe.

Hope this helps,

JW

Top Tags