cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

3d dimensions in Isometeric view

Not applicable

3d dimensions in Isometeric view

Hi, I have a Isometeric view of a pipeline.It is assembly done without using piping module.I am unable to show 3D dimensions in the drawing. Please help. Regards Vishal
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
eric.mills
1-Newbie
(To:)

From the drawing options select allow_3d_dimensions. This is under the properties menu for the drawing.
Not applicable
(To:eric.mills)

Thanks but unable to show. please help Regards Vishal
JosephLord
1-Newbie
(To:)

I am also trying to add dimensions to an isometric view of a simple cube. I have allow_3d_dimensions applied. I can pick edges and drop dimentions as usual, but they are not right. When you try to drop the dimention, you can select vertical, horizontal, parrallel for example. But if you select vertical, it gives you the vertical dimention of the isometric line. One edge of the cube is 200mm long, I just want to drop a 3d dimension which shows 200mm. The only one I can drop are stupid irrelevant dimensions.

Use shown model dimensions or create driven dimensions using the annotation feature in the model and show them on the drawing.

Show and erase dimensions on a feature worked fine, but I had to insert some surfaces into the model and slect these as some dimentions were not coming up correctly. It works but its still rubbish, ptc.
Top Tags