cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

A basic assembly/mechanical test. (Image heavy)

ptc-4455076
1-Newbie

A basic assembly/mechanical test. (Image heavy)

I am not particuarlly sure where this should go, as there does not appear to be an off topic/older software forum.

But anyway, I am proud to present my crowning achievement

The steam machine!

(This was made entirely in Pro/Desktop 8.)

Image1.png

It took a few days to make, but since I am rather new to the modeling scene, I am rather impressed with my efforts.

The assembly Is fully animated and looks great when it is spinning.

The housing/Piston is obviously unfinished, However it is nice to see that it is all working!

Image2.png

The part that I most enjoyed making would have to be the small wheel you can see on the crank, It was rather fun and chalenged my engineering skills to construct.

It's intended purpose is to drive a belt, it was rather challenging making the groove along the outer diameter of the wheel.

Image3.png

This whole project is just a proof of concept at the current time, My next project is to construct a realistic single cylinder 2 stroke engine.

What are your thoughts on this project?

Any comments?

I am still having no luck finding a legitimate copy of pro/desktop even after a year.

It would appear that nobody is showing any interest in this, Is there a similar program that I can upgrade to?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags