cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

About ProE Relations

ptc-2781586
4-Participant

About ProE Relations

How can I control the material add/remove option by relation in any feature. e.g. if I am adding a rib on the cylinder and I want to control it by relation... I mean to ask, how can we control the Elements of any feature by relation or program edit.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Tarun, I'm a little confused by your question. You mention both Features and "Elements". Do you mean that you want to turn entire features "On and Off" using relations? If so, you may want to investigate using ProPROGRAM (Tools/Program). You can use conditional logic like {IF RIB=="YES" . . . ENDIF} within the Program to do what you want. David
ptc-2781586
4-Participant
(To:DavidButz)

Dear David,I want to control the default element of any feature...for example. I want to control Material should be removed or add for any feature by relations. how can i define this in relation or pro/program.

I mean to ask, Can I control the Materail add or remove by relations? for example, if Cylinder Dia. is greater than 100 mm than add the material else remove the material....

I am still confused about what you are trying to do. There is no parametric "handle" to allow you to switch a feature from material Add to Remove. What you could do, is create two features, one Add and one Remove, then control them with Pro/Program. But why would you want to do that? That's a very unconventional thing to do and there may be a better way to do what you want. Your last note suggests that you simply want to turn a feature "On" and "Off" (not the same thing as changing Add to Remove). If I understand you, you want there to be a rib or ribs if the diameter is over a certain number, otherwise not. Is that it? If so you can use Pro/PROGRAM to do what you want. I can give you a little more detail when I really understand your problem.
ptc-2781586
4-Participant

Dear David, I got your point. yes by creating two features, it will be much more easier....i just need to suppress one of them. Actually, my probelm is ....i am giving the Machining allowance on OD on a ring...now i want that if my OD (with Allowance) is greater than existing Od in 3D model then it should add more material and give me new drawing as per my given dimension and if the OD (given by me) is less than existing OD in 3D model then it should cut the material from OD and give me new machining drawing. I hope you understand my question now. Can you guide me how to suppress the feature in Pro-program by giving relations? Thanks for your support.

Tarun, I'm getting closer all the time to understanding your problem, but still not totally clear. Are you dealing with 2 different parts? What two dimensions are you comparing to determine your add/remove decision? I'm guessing you can use ordinary conditional Relations without Pro/PROGRAM to do what you want. However, here goes on how to do what we've discussed using Pro/PROGRAM. Select Tools/Program/EditDesign. Near the beginning of the default Program, between the lines "INPUT" and "ENDINPUT", enter the line REMOVE YES_NO. This declares a parameter named REMOVE for use in the program and establishes its type as YES_NO (the default is Real Number). Now locate your two features in the Program. Each will be a section of several lines containing all the details and values for the feature. Before the "Add Feature" line for your "Remove" feature, enter the line: IF REMOVE==YES, and after the "End Add" line enter: ENDIF. Before the "Add Feature" line for the "Add" feature, enter the line: IF REMOVE==NO, and again ENDIF after the "End Add" line. Save your program. Now if you change the value of REMOVE, and Regenerate, the model will change as you wish. Good luck! David
SylvainA.
4-Participant

"Tarun Patel" wrote:

....i am giving the Machining allowance on OD on a ring....

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags