cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Add bevel to Pro/Piping pipe ends

RussC
5-Regular Member

Add bevel to Pro/Piping pipe ends

I am trying to put together some piping assemblies using pro/piping. Our piping has to meet welding specifications which require the interface between the end of the pipe and the fittings to both be beveled (B31.3 spec). Is there a setting in Pro/piping that controls whether the pipe ends are beveled? I attached a picture of the issue, notice the bevel on the elbow and no bevel on the piping.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I am not aware of any setting in Pro-Piping that will control what you are trying to do. We have been adding a chamfer feature to the ends of the pipe solid to get around this gap in Pro-Piping.

I am not aware of any setting in Pro-Piping that will control what you are trying to do. We have been adding a chamfer feature to the ends of the pipe solid to get around this gap in Pro-Piping.

RussC
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-151650)

I used a chamfer feature so I don't have to draw the cross-section for a revolve, but you would've thought beveled pipe ends would be a built in function by now. Oh well. Thanks for the help.

RussC
5-Regular Member

I used a chamfer feature so I don't have to draw the cross-section for a revolve, but you would've thought beveled pipe ends would be a built in function by now. Oh well. Thanks for the help.

RussC
5-Regular Member

Top Tags